Position: Telesales Agent
Reporting to: Telesales Team Lead
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s Vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercialising life changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world’s 570 million smallholder households. We are the largest distributor of solar water pumps / solar irrigation for smallholder farmers in Africa and were selected by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2021. Here is a good explainer video made by CNBC. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 400+ people around the world.
About the Role
Reporting to the Telesales Team Lead, the Telesales Agent will provide expert advice and information to our potential customers regarding a variety of products offered by SunCulture. S/he will play a key role in increasing our profitability and sales revenue through excellence in customer service and an informed, consultative approach to selling and client conversion. S/he will also be troubleshooting and escalating complaints across a number of communication channels. The person should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Computer knowledge and usage are also a must-have for this role.
● Achieve over 70% target set the month-on-month KPI’s being Lead generation, Lead conversion, Sales targets, and Talk-time set by achieving a high conversion rate.
● Contact potential or existing customers, businesses, or groups to give them correct information about SunCulture products using the product knowledge
● Explain technical product features and answer customer questions about SunCulture products.
● In addition to leads shared by SunCulture be proactive in generating your own leads and ensure you have a robust pipeline of potential customers at all times
● Ensure at least an 80% conversion rate from leads generated by you.
● Be versatile in making extensive outbound calls that meet the organization's KPIs
● Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
● Respond to correspondence from customers on both mail, direct messages and phone and follow up initial sales contacts.
● Have the ability to go above and beyond to cover your talk time daily and hourly targets set by SunCulture.
● Conduct client or market surveys to obtain information about potential customers to be able to measure customer experience and ability to afford the product
● Create a sense of urgency among potential customers in order for them to see the need to purchase sooner than later
● Ensure all calls are received/made through 3CX for easier tracking of calls and easier management of the quality of calls.
● Undertake all training scheduled to better improve the quality of your output and relationship with customers.
Does this sound like you?
● Experience in Sales and Customer Service
● Additional experience as a Telesales Representative is an added advantage
● Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota preferably over the phone
● Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems
● Ability to learn about products and services and describe/explain them to prospects
● Hands-on, detail-oriented, and with strong execution skills,
● Excellent Communication Skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints
● Passion for irrigation and in-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends adaptable for SunCulture
● Independent thinker with proactive decision-making capabilities
● Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment
● Have the ability to handle pressure, keep a cool temper, and handle rejection gracefully.
● Be organized and be an expert in time management and meet deadlines.
● A diploma or degree in Sales or any other related field is an added advantage.
Please apply online via this job page. We respond to all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
SunCulture is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.