- Project relevant trends that affect the collectibles of the PayG portfolio in early arrears and isolate potential problem areas.
- Monitor PayG loan repayments and initiate/recommend a course of action.
- Conduct field customer visits (on a need basis) and telephone calls to follow up on payments and collect from PayG debtors.
- Execute the institution strategy in reducing the Non-performing PayG portfolio at the same time report on early loan arrears collections on a regular pre-determined basis and provide information for business reporting.
- Ensure over 1-90-day arrears management for all disbursed PayG loans is fully executed.
- Ensure a record is maintained with track of all the recovery progress for all PayG loans in arrears.
- Ensure weekly arrears reports are prepared for all the Relationship Managers & regions and follow up with them to ensure full repayment.
- Ensure demand notices are prepared and ensure that they are forwarded to the defaulting PayG customers.
- Ensure an up-to-date register on loan-related insurance claims is maintained and ensure prompt reimbursement from underwriters.
- Monitor debt collection response cycles and contacts as well as credit control performance for PayG loans in early arrears.
- Manage resource scheduling and the determination of priority of work and procedures to maximize production output and success levels for the credit collection Relationship Managers.
- Report and monitor all risks associated with debt collection.
- Generate compliance reports for use in decision-making and performance appraisals.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of this position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Business-related degree, CPA qualification is an added advantage.
- Over 4 years’ experience in debt collection and recovery environment (Practical experience in Lending and recovery).
- Knowledge in credit management and banking is an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable on the Financial Services, Micro Finance and consumer lending sectors is a must.
- Hands-on leadership, team management, and people development skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in a small team and enjoy multi-tasking and working under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Good team player with a commitment to value-based leadership.
- Credibility and flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels and cultures.
- High business acumen, analytical and budgetary skills
- Quick learner, capable of grasping the structures at SunCulture and the market.
- Excellent presentation, communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills with a high degree of responsiveness, reliability, and integrity.
- Self-motivated with persuasive, enthusiastic, and client-centric focus.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to plan, be organized, and adhere to deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
- Agile with the ability to work in a fast-paced tech environment
Please apply online via this job portal by 10th April, 2022. We respond to all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
Good to Note
At SunCulture, we are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying