Position: Junior IT Associate
Reporting to: Head of IT
Founded in 2012 SunCulture’s Vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercializing life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world's 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 100+ people around the world.
As a business that is rapidly scaling, SunCulture has been focused on these three key priorities: build systems and processes for scale, align the customer acquisition strategy, and enhance customer support.
About the Role
The Junior IT Associate is a support role in the IT department. The person will be in charge of all day-to-day IT operational roles plus any other Adhoc duties and support required in the IT department. This role will entail also coordinating with other departments knowing their IT needs and communicating to the IT team.
- Install and configure computer networks and systems.
- Identify and solve any problems that arise with computer networks and systems.
- Consult with clients and the internal teams to specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Assemble new systems, ensure the system is configured and test the system to ensure its running properly
- Maintain existing software and hardware and upgrade any obsolete systems whenever required.
- Monitor computer network systems functionality and how performance can be improved.
- Set up IT accounts and workstations for employees.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Documentation of their current Systems and ensure IT processes are adhered to
Does This Sound like you?
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related fields.
- Great people skills to enable you to explain repairs, time frame, ticketing process to colleagues.
- University degree in IT and other related fields. IT Certifications are an added advantage.
- At least 6 months to 1-year experience in a similar or related role.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing IT Support Service.
- Proficiency with statistical languages (R, SAS, STATA SPSS) and Programming languages, such as Oracle, and Python
- Strong working experience with MS Excel, MS Access, MySQL, and other databases
- Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Have discretion in using budgetary allocations
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness and ability to handle any job assigned under your scope of work
Please submit your application online through this portal by April 30, 2021.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying